We believe in harnessing the power of the Internet to foster connection. We are innovators, developers, community guardians, researchers who contribute to the technology field remotely. We help to make the web a better place from the comfort of our homes, coworking spaces, or on the road as digital nomads.
Mentorship Everywhere strives to connect professionals who are new to the technology field with an experienced mentor to foster connections in remote work environments. We want to increase diversity and new contributions to technology by leveraging the tools we help to build. Through remote mentorship, we use the web to educate, inspire, and share our knowledge with new innovators all around the world.
- Program Expectations
The Mentorship Everywhere program is a six-month commitment. As mentors and mentees, it is expected that you will be present throughout the entire mentorship cycle. That six month period will include:
- A virtual mentor/mentee orientation.
- A one-on-one call between mentor and mentee on day one of the first mentorship period. We strongly encourage this call to be done via video.
- Monthly calls via video or voice, with bi-weekly / regular email follow-ups to check in on monthly goals, progress, and adjustments.
- Participation in the mid-program check-in and survey.
- A wrap-up call at the end of the mentorship period.
- Participation in the mentorship survey.
Because mentorship builds upon the foundation set in each month’s call, we expect mentors and mentees to commit to the full six month period. Since “life happens,” we expect participants to reach out to the organizing committee as soon as possible if any changes that would interrupt their participation at this time.
- Expected Behavior
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help to create Mentorship Everywhere and make it your own.
- Consequences Of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated by other participants, organizers, mentors, and mentees including, but not limited to, interactions in one-on-one video/voice calls between mentors, on P2s, in Slack, or via email.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the program without warning.
- What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a program organizer as soon as possible.
The Mentorship Everywhere team will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the program.
We expect all participants to abide by this code of conduct at all times.
- Contact Information
You can contact us here.
- License And Attribution
This Code of Conduct is inspired by the awesome work of Open Source Bridge, but with our program information substituted. The original is available at http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/ and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.